Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Headed to D.C. for my visa...

Seeing as my flight leaves in less than three weeks, I'd feel a lot better if I already had my visa. However, it has been a long, strange trip to get this stamp (which I've heard from other Fulbrighters is lamination with info written with permanent marker under it). I've also heard that they're issuing visas for strictly eight months, which is a few days shy of our grant. I foresee it being difficult to complete the grant without being in the country, but that's just me.

Wish me luck--I've already sent in the documents but I may have to get some translated in Spanish. For future Fulbrighters in Argentina,  I will clarify in a future post on Washington, D.C. Argentine embassy requirements and ask my friends to comment on the other embassies. I'm also meeting today with Erica, the ETA Fulbright student who was in Mendoza last year, so I'm very interested to hear her perspective....

Snow forecast for D.C. today...as if I wasn't already scared of D.C. traffic. So excited for the road trip with my college roommate--we're also staying with our friend who lives in D.C. :) Nothing like good friends.


She's such a good sport.


Raleigh needs to follow suit and get an aquarium bar like D.C.


No comments:

Post a Comment