Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hesitation increases in relation to risk in equal proportion to age. ~Ernest Hemingway

Ernest Hemingway and F. Scott Fitzgerald. I wish men still dressed in 3-piece suits on a regular basis. Although I like Hemingway better, I'm bringing The Curious Case of Benjamin Button & The Great Gatsby with me to Argentina for the English Lit class I'm helping with b/c they're shorter and have better film adaptations.

22 days until I leave for Mendoza, and reality still hasn't set in that I'm moving to a country where I'll know less than five people and I won't speak the language fluently. I will admit that some anxiety has set in at certain times. My favorite is when people underscore possible anxieties for me (although all have the best intentions).

Even though I did not set out on this trip consulting God, I truly believe and have the peace that Argentina is where I'm supposed to be and that's an overwhelmingly calming feeling. Today was my last day of work in the U.S. and although it's difficult to walk away from a job in this economy, God has a plan and I'm over-the-top excited about moving abroad. Not to mention that my colleagues basically sent me off with every possible survival tool (see below) so I feel pretty prepared. My favorite is the freeze-dried macaroni.

No comments:

Post a Comment