Thursday, April 7, 2011

Brad’s Here! Or David?

So my boyfriend and best friend Brad is finally here, and if all goes as planned, he will be in Mendoza until October. SO HAPPY HE’S HERE! And just to get the logistical questions out of the way: no, he isn’t 100% employed; but no, he’s also not a bum being financially supported by me. This is a question that particularly bothers me as both of us were very diligent in saving money while we lived at home last year so personally, I think if someone can afford an adventure and is growing spiritually, emotionally, intellectually, personally, etc., then why not? Given I’m very much in Mendocino mindset where people prioritize enjoying life and responsibility equally (maybe the first one more than the second)…Okay, off of my soap box. And I should probably add that he’s studying for the GMAT to go to grad school in January and is planning on teaching English classes privately.

Also, we’re currently deciding whether he should go by Brad (he goes by his middle name in the U.S.) or David (which is his real first name and much easier for Argentines to grasp since it’s a more common name here). He went by David in Spain. But to make things even more confusing—college friends call him Coop (last name: Cooper).

IMG_0103Brad and I packed a picnic for the park on Wednesday. I paparazzied him while he was eating…

IMG_0105


So it’s really been a whirlwind since he’s gotten here since I’ve been dying to show someone around my adopted city. Tuesday I got up bright and early (which his 9 these days) to meet him @ the airport—got there about 45 minutes too early. Brad’s flight comes up on the screen, people are coming out and picking up their baggage AND NO BRAD. I was trying to stay calm and not think about what we do if he got stuck in Chile but low and behold, it was just my blondeness in not realizing he was at the other terminal….his bags didn’t make it on Tuesday but we got really lucky and his bags came the very next day!

Brad loves Mendoza almost as much as I do at this point Smile  We’ve had a lot of fun exploring the city together and meeting new people. Wednesday night we met up with an expat who married a Mendocina at a short film showing at a local bar, which was really fun since we felt like we were insiders.

No comments:

Post a Comment