Thursday, March 10, 2011

Estoy muy agradecida por todos ustedes!

 

As I head to Argentina, I feel it’s only appropriate to thank all of the many people God has blessed me with in the last 10 months. Back in May, I was a bit anxious to get on with my life and move to South America already, but as I’ve learned time and time again, God’s timing is much better than my own.

First and foremost, moving back home was actually a great experience. I lived at home and my brother Philip lived about 15 minutes away, and I think for all of us it’s been really intriguing to get to know each other outside of our “family role” as parent/child, brother/sister. Philip and I are out of college, fairly independent and responsible for our own decisions and our parents have relinquished their control and phased more into a “I’m here if you need advice.” Or at least they’re getting there. : ) I can’t foresee where I’ll be even when I get back from Argentina, so I’ve really appreciated this time much more than I thought.

God also blessed me with an internship that far exceeded my expectations. I won’t get into too many details because I’m not sure their social media guidelines have been finalized (haha!), but I learned so much about communications, the industry and even really about myself and what I enjoy doing. After my three month contract ended, the team I worked with allowed me the flexibility to stay on until I needed to leave and gave me the flexibility to work on projects that interested me, giving me a ton of valuable experience in corporate communication. My favorite part by far, however, was getting to know everyone there and what their stories were. It never ceases to amaze me all the incredible things you would never know about a person unless you really get to know them.

Finally, I’ve made many new connections in the Brier Creek area in addition to having the great comfort of seeing all my friends from Raleigh and Chapel Hill. I was pretty desperate in June to get connected into something (no one ever talks about how much harder it is to meet people outside of college!), and the Summit Church in Brier Creek was such an answer to prayer. I met some absolutely wonderful girls in my Wednesday night bible study that have such a great outlook on life despite any worldly circumstances and their faith has pushed me to dig a little deeper and step outside my comfort zone.

So embarking on my adventure in Argentina, I’m also closing a chapter that took me completely by surprise…

“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord, “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment